Our production platforms enable the deposition of filters, ARs, DBRs and other high performance coatings including Hard and Antismudge coatings. Evatec processes enhance the performance of the sensors, cameras and the touch screens of our smart devices, the combiners in our Head Up Displays (HUD) in our cars and provide the right lighting conditions in our operating theatres.
You can read more about Evatec capabilities in high precision optics and all of our other core markets in our new technology magazine LAYERS. To view just the High Precison Optics chapter online Click here
Advanced Process Control (APC) for HP Optical Layers
Evatec production platforms integrate a range of closed loop process control technologies for improved precision and yield:
- Broadband Optical Monitoring for direct substrate measurement with In-situ reoptimisation for real time recipe adjustment during evaporation or sputter deposition
- Plasma Emission Monitoring for perfect stoichiometry control and higher throughputs in sputter
- Optical Pyrometry in evaporation and sputter processes for enhanced temperature control in IR technologies
- Click here to download the brochure on APC for Optical Thin Films
Optics Tool Box
Optics Tool Box ensures smooth integration all the way from thin film design through recipe generation and coating execution. Reduce your process development times , and increase your throughput.
The Evatec tool portfolio for Photonics
Choose from a number of Evatec platforms according to your process requirements, throughput and factory integration requirements
- the BAK Batch Evaporator comes in a range of chamber sizes and offers enhanced PIAD processes with flexibility for frequent changes of materials, substrate size, shape & curvature
- the MSP batch sputter coater is a dedicated high throughput production platform for high precision optical interference coatings handling a range of substrate sizes up to 560x380mm.
- the RADIANCE 8 inch sputter cluster combines customised optical cathode technology with semiconductor industry handling and tracking standards to provide a cassette to cassette solution for technologies including wafer level optics.
- SOLARIS offers ultra high throughput in "One Glass Processing" approach for Touch Panel Applications used in our smart phones and tablets. Process solutions are available for the production of contacts, ITO and any index matching layer, plus Antireflection (AR) and Antismudge (AS) coatings on single substrates or mini batches on carriers up to 15inch.