Evatec proprietary cathode technologies and platforms are designed for high rates and long target lifetimes in mass production for the lowest cost of ownership.
We offers vertical and horizontal sputter production solutions according to substrate format, process and throughput and customer factory integration demands across our core markets
Horizontal Sputter Architecture
Here's just a small taste of the range of core process capabilities and platforms with horizontal sputter capability available at Evatec
-Deposition of high performance AlN (and AlScN) layers for MEMS, Wireless Communication and LED
-Deposition of precise optical stacks for high throughput photonics applications including Wafer Level Optics ( WLO)
-Deposition of metal layers and stacks in Advanced Packaging ( UBM/ RDL) , Power Device, Wireless Communication, wafer level EMI Shielding or PCB seeding
Evatec's CLUSTERLINE® RAD, CLUSTERLINE® 300 II & HEXAGON , SOLARIS® and PNL platforms support substrate formats up to a maximums of 200mm, 300mm , 380mm and 550mm respectively using a range of sputter capabilities .
- High rate DC, DC Pulsed, DC/RF sources with optional bias
- "Multi" sputter technology with up to 4 sources for co-deposition of alloys and compounds
- Proprietary source technologies including "Penta Plus" with up to 6 sputter cathodes available on SOLARIS for outstanding step coverage
- Highly Ionised Sputter ( HIS) technology for TSV processes and custom hard coating processes in optical applications
- Integration of Advanced Process Control technologies including plasma emission monitoring (PEM) and optical monitoring technologies for process control
- Cassette to cassette handling
Vertical Sputter Architecture
Available on the LLS EVO II and MSP platforms vertical sputter platforms, rectangular cathode technology enables efficient mass production of TCOs, metals, dielectrics and aligned magnetic films on substrate sizes up to a maximum of 380X560mm in many MEMS , optoelectronics and photonics applications.
- Simple exchange between substrate sizes for rapid changes in production requirements
- Proprietary technologies with enhanced target lifetimes and reduced materials consumption for reduced cost of ownership
- Manual or automated handling
Choose your sputter platform
Find out more about the individual sputter sources and capabilities available for each platform by clicking on the links below.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about our know how in sputter processes and identify the right platform for you please contact your local sales & service representative.